Monday, October 27, 2008

Words



It is funny the effect a few ordinary words from the English language put together in a sentence can have on a person. They may be the most simple of words but when used by someone you love and care for their use can warm your heart and bring tears to your eyes. I received Rileys' email from Chile today and he ended with these simple words, " I love ya mom and am grateful that you are my mom." Simple words that reached through miles to touch my heart.
I am reminded of President Monsons talk this last Conference when he spoke of "Enjoying the Journey". Part of enjoying the journey is also expressing our love and appreciation to our family and friends. Simple words of gratitude, appreciation and love. Sorry to say I ere on the side of not expressing those feelings enough. So family and friends if I haven't said it to you lately, know I love you deeply, and appreciate sincerely all of the love that is returned to me and the support and kindness I receive from each of you! I am grateful for you all and the profound influence for good you are in my life.