Juan Fernandez Island"As you can tell by the title that I did get transferred. So it was a rather big transfer. Here is the story. Saturday morning I got a call from the assistants, I answered and they asked me how I was, and then asked if I was ready to serve in a really special place. Well I accepted the call that they gave me and I had to pack my bags that very day. Then the secretary tells me that where I am going I can only take 10 kilos. So we still packed everything up and put it in a bodega in the office. Then the secretary came and picked me up and I had to go to their house to spend the night before I could actually leave. Well in the morning I got my backpack and my 10 kilo suitcase and we headed for the airport. Where I then got a private airplane for a 2 hour and 15 minute flight to the Island of Juan Fernandez. So here I am writing you from the Island of Juan Fernandez. This is the island where the Pirate Robinson Crusoe was marooned. On one of the mountains you can see where he wrote HELP in huge letters so that anyone that passed by would stop to see if they could help him. There is a small branch here where more or less 20 people assist. I can´t even begin to tell you how excited I am to be here and serve these people. There are only 700 inhabitants. But it is sweet. I don´t know what I did to gain so much confidence from the president but I guess that doesn´t matter now. Today we had p-day and we went FISHING. My companion caught two fish and I didn´t catch anything. But still it was fun. We then hiked up a mountain and took pictures of the Island. It is cool. My new companion is a stud. I get along with him really well and we both want to work hard baptize like crazy. So that is my news of the week. How are you all doing? I thought a lot about the family on my flight. and how you guys didn´t even know i was traveling. I flew with 2 Jehovah's witnesses, it was a little bit awkward. But yeah I am happy."
I have to admit this email stopped my heart for a second. I had no idea that the Santiago North mission took in an island. But thankfully he has the Lord watching over him and so he will be fine. I know the people will love him and that he will have blessing of the Lord to guide him.