Monday, October 27, 2008

Robinson Cursoe and The Missionary



Here is the latest from Riley. I gather from his e-mail he is enjoying mission life to the fullest! I received this email today:

Hey Mom,
Guess what, I got the package today. It is great. I love all of the stuff and have eaten some of it. It is good to eat some of the stuff from the states. I really do enjoy the island and am having a lot of fun with the work that we are doing here. I love the people here they are great to let us in and they are just really happy. We do a lot of service to help them all out. I have done a few things like put windows in a house, Dug a hole and built Lobster traps. It was a lot of fun and we still have a lot of stuff planned out. Here on the island things are great. To answer a few of your questions there is a myth that there is treasure here. I have actually seen a spanish coin from the 1800´s it was pretty cool. No one has found the treasure but we always joke around and say that we are going to find it on a p-day. We really don´t do a lot of proselyting here mostly service and activities to get people to come out and meet the mormons. It is a lot of fun. There are actually a lot of members on the island but only 15 are active. But we are really working hard with that. it is just a branch. And as the missionaries we are pretty much the two counselors to the Branch President, We do all sorts of stuff like tithing. It is wierd doing all of it. But it is fun at the same time. We bless and pass the sacrament sometimes too but there is more aaronic priesthood now. It does rain a lot but it comes and goes really fast. It has rained like five times already today.There is good food and good water, I am staying healthy, And there are doctors, cars, but you can just walk anywhere you want. there is electricity. And the typical day is like wake up eat breakfast do service eat lunch study go teach until 10:00.I am doing great, thanks for all of your help and love. I love ya mom and am grateful that you are my mom.
Love,
Elder Riley Davies