Friday, January 9, 2009

Toe Troubles



A few days before Halloween I went to a podiatrist for an ingrown toenail on my big toe. It was a fairly straight forward procedure where they removed the ingrown nail and then applied some acid to actually kill the nail bed so that it would not grow back again. The success rate for the acid working is about 90%. Being he lucky person I am I fell into the 10% category and had to have the nail removed again about five weeks later. This time the Doctor did not apply the acid thinking maybe my body was reacting to that as well. Back to the Doctors three weeks ago and then again two days ago they again found the nail growing into the side of my toe instead of straight down as is should, and they had to remove it. Needless to say this has been pretty painful, especially watching the nail being dug out, literally! I think everyone is getting tired of this ongoing problem, so next week they are going to remove the nail bed surgically; just thinking about the procedure makes me cringe, it sounds so painful, but it will be worth it to have it better!