
A few days ago my son Eric asked if I would watch their girls for a few hours. I immediately started thinking of fun things we could do together. The splash park in Herriman sounded like a lot of fun! I called Rachael to see if she might want to come with her boys. Shortly after Abby and Eliza arrived we prepared to go. As we loaded the car seats into the car we failed to notice the arrival of a few extra guests. After strapping Eliza in her car seat, I began buckling Abby in, I had just finished when a fly landed on her hand. A piercing cry echoed through the car. A surprised Josh and Eliza looked at Abby to see what the trouble was. Rachael and I, just as alarmed searched for the problem. We finally realized it was the flies causing the panic and we quickly tried to shoo them out of the car. Just as we would get one fly out, another one would come in, causing another round of panic. Instead of a solo we now had three children all screaming hysterically every time a fly would come near. After reassuring the children and emptying the car of flies we started on our way. No more than 30 seconds on the road and we hear another ear piercing scream. I looked back and sure enough another fly had come in. He was buzzing over the heads of the children as if this were a fun game. The more upset Abby became, the more Josh and Eliza became convinced that the once innocent fly was now a larger than life monster. While trying desperately to rid the car of our unwanted hitchhiker and calm our distraught children we both realized the futility of our efforts and began to laugh uncontrollably. Tyler managed to sleep peacefully in his seat(thank you Ty). We arrived at the splash park and fortunately were not bothered by the beastly fly again.