These past few weeks have been full of one challenge after another, the kind of week where you think, "Nothing more, right?! We have had enough, time for the upswing." But sure enough, the minute those words escape the mouth something else is bound to happen. And it did...to the point I was mentally and physically overwhelmed and exhausted. Without thinking I blurted out "I thought you were supposed to be blessed when you have a son on a Mission, why all this adversity"? The second I uttered those words I knew I had judged harshly and I was gently reminded of that fact by a kind voice reminding "But you are blessed!" How could I have thought otherwise even for a second. Yes I am blessed! Very blessed, and I began to count the ways. Instead of mountains that seemed insurmountable I began to see a landscape full of color, rich soil, beautiful flowers and trees, and an endless blue sky! The blessings are innumerable! It is amazing how gratitude changes our view everything around us.
Just a few of my many blessings!
Family
28 years strong
Eric and Jackie, Abby and Eliza
Long awaited Homecoming!
Lindsay and Brian, Talmon and Copper
Our new son-in-law
Britton Mickelson with Ashlee
August 9, 2008
Heaven sent daughters
Riley serving in the Chile Santiago North Mission
Just a few of my many blessings!
Family
28 years strongLong awaited Homecoming!
Lindsay and Brian, Talmon and Copper
Our new son-in-lawBritton Mickelson with Ashlee
August 9, 2008
Riley serving in the Chile Santiago North Mission