I having been practicing making different cakes over the past year in anticipation of starting a business to sell them. The one type of cake I had not attempted yet was a wedding cake, until yesterday.
When my niece Heather asked me to make her wedding cake a few months ago, I was honored to be asked, and a little terrified at the same time.
I practiced over the months with making different cakes for different occasions. The week of the wedding arrived and we (my daughters Ashlee and Lindsay) started the process of building a three tiered wedding cake. It took seven cakes mixes and almost two dozen eggs, 4 pounds of powdered sugar and a lot of butter and shortening. After making the cakes and frosting them we began the process of decorating them. About 12 hours later we had a finished project.
We all stoo
Still a little anxious hoping the cake would be what my niece had envisioned, we put the finishing touches on it. Her reaction made all the worry and anxiety well worth it. She loved it! Another big sigh of relief and satisfaction at having accomplished something new! Thanks Heather for trusting me and allowing me to be part of your wonderful day!