Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Missionary Update

Elder Riley Davies

Elder Davies is on the move and is now serving in Renca. He was transferred their about three weeks ago. It was a bit of a hard transfer for him because he was having so much success in Pudahuel, loving the people and the area. Now that he has been in Renca and gotten to know the people there, I think he loves it just as much as Pudahuel.



Rileys Mamita

The 18th of September was Chile's Independence day and so the whole mission got together to celebrate. They all met in a town called Los Andes (the city that Vicky is from) and had a good time enjoying the food, culture and traditions.

.
Riley with Elder Augero, President Duncan and Sister Duncan

In an e-mail Riley sent he commented on the new success they are having in Renca, he said, " This week was a success for us. We had an activity in la Fería which is like a farmers market they have in the streets here every Thursday. Any way we went there and made contacts and really had a lot of success. We found a ton of people who want to learn more and we have already put three of those people with a baptismal date. I am really excited that things are starting to improve in my sector. When I got here things were okay, but they baptized the people they had before I got here and then we didn't have anybody. But now we have 10 people getting ready for baptism."

Riley and Elder Augero and Romina amd her family

We are praying that he continues to do well, that the people of Chile will be receptive to the message he is preaching and that he will be watched over.

Riley does like to get letters, so anyone interested in writing let me know and I will get you his email address.