Friday, April 24, 2009

Rileys newest adventures



I just thought I would update everyone on Riley and his mission. He has been out fifteen months now, and is enjoying every minute of his time serving the people of Chile. He is now serving in a town called Quilicura (kill-ee-cura). This area is a little more affluent than the other areas he has served in before. This has its pros and cons, but he seems to make the best of whatever comes his way. The Lord is blessing him in so many ways and we are so grateful for the prayers and love and support that Riley receives! The following is his latest letter home.

Hey mom,
Things here in Quilicura are doing well. We had a baptism yesterday. I didn`t think it was going to happen but it did. So that was really exciting. It was the little brother of a recent convert. It was a great baptism. The good thing of being in an area that has a little bit more money is that the wards work great. They had everything ready for the Baptism. I have never had a baptism work so easily. Hopefully we will have 2 more baptisms this week. Or with a lot of faith 3. We have a family that is getting ready, But the mom and dad are the only ones who meet the age requirement. Their names are Javier and Cecilia. I think it should go through I really hope so. Kind of a funny story with Javier, we heard that he was kind of sick Saturday night, so we went to see him before going to our house. When there is no doorbell here in Chile you have to shout "halo" and the people come outside, so Javier does not have a doorbell so we shout. Well he said that he was inside his house praying. He said "please just send me a sign to know if it is true" and then we shouted "halo" outside. It was pretty funny I guess we were inspired to pass by at that time. He said that it was good enough for him. We are going to see him and Cecilia tonight. But in other news we can`t seem to find new investigators. we did 178 contacts last week and we found 3 new investigators. I hope that this week turns out a little bit better.
But it sounds like the family is doing well. I got a letter from Jared. He is doing well and says that S. Africa is kind of dangerous right now because of the elections. But I was glad to hear from him. I am so glad that you saw Jake. He hasn´t written me in a while, I don´t know what the deal is, he must be really busy or something. Be sure to tell him hi for me when you see him again. I am sad that MarĂ­a passed away, I was really excited to be able to speak Spanish with her and try and cook some comida chilena with her. But I am sure that she is resting now. I will have to see Teo when I get back. I hope he is doing okay. Well mom I love you and I am glad that all is well at home be sure to tell everyone hi for me and take care.
Love,
Elder Riley Davies
PS if you are reading this to grandma tell her I said "hi grandma".